Awesome!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Awesome!

Post by T on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Mr. Kaubris, I hope you don't mind that I posted your response to Mr. Blampied here.  If you wish not to have it posted here, let me know, and I'll delete it.

************************************************************************************************

Shame, Shame, Shame Phil
By Jack Kaubris, verified user — Thu, 08/22/2013 - 17:19

Maybe it is the initial infantile posting that gets the dirt flying around here. I think people are tired of the misinformation that your group is spreading and your point man (hit man) Frank is usually the instigator for the feedback. But, of course he happens to be one of your good 'ol boys (oops, sorry...name calling) and you choose to look the other way.

Let's look at some of the issues that you raise. 'The mill is teetering'...so true, has been for 20 years. It seems more dire today due to the Bush Recession of the past 8 yrs that we are slowly coming out of and a couple of unfortunate decisions made by mill management/Gov Lepage (see the Electric Rebate scam that the mill was fined millions for and the suspension of the BETR rebates by the guv). With competent management, the mill should see a financial rebound as the economy improves. If the mill cannot survive during this (albeit slow) recovery - it will not be due to local taxes..'.

Population is plummeting'...it has been since hitting it's peak in 1930 (according to the Census)...though since 1960 it has been a steady decrease. When I grew up in the 60's/70's most of my friends came from large families - 6 to 8 children seemed to be the norm ( I blame it on Roman Catholicism...obviously the rhythm method did NOT work too well) but, regardless of the reasons, the local breeding stock has taken a hit. 0-3 children seems to be the norm today. But, though I came from a family of 10 - there weren't 10 taxpayers in the family back then(only one house - not 10). There was only one taxpayer. The same with today...the family size might be 4, but there is still only one taxpayer...therefore, despite a hypothetical decrease of 60% in population the taxpayer base is the same. So your 'shrinking tax base' claim should not be confused with a 'population is plummeting' argument. For instance, according to the Census, in 2000 there were 6472 residents in Rumford and in 2010 there were 5841 residents. If you were to infer that we lost 631 taxpayers in those 10 yrs, you would be wrong. According to the Census we actually gained 7 Housing units in that time...from 3280 in 2000 to 3287 in 2010. So if a Housing unit is taxed, then one could infer that the taxpayer base is increasing. Personally, I do think it is shrinking, but not nearly at the rate that your group is suggesting.

'Young people leave the area after graduation'...no kidding. This has been going on since at least 1960 (if not forever) and it is directly due to automation at the mill and the size of it's workforce. There is absolutely no correlation to the local tax rate.

If your group were more honest in your actions/statements it would go a long way toward alleviating your perceived name-calling. But if you put out misinformation, you will be called on it. If it is a lie, then it will be called that. If it is hypocritical that some of your members reaped the benefits that this town offered but are now attempting to 'stop the gravy train' as your inflammatory remarks suggest, then they may be a hypocrite. Your claims of 'easy' cuts has never passed the smell test with me and I think that we are seeing that play out with the budget battles. So, if you want to scale back your hyperventilation and insults....I am all for it. Let's stick to the facts. (and see if you can get 'the HIT MAN' to play along!! - 'name calling intended)

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3100
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Awesome!

Post by T on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 pm

After reading all the posts in response to the Rumford Senior Center closing, I have determined that Mr. Blampied can be described using one word.

ARROGANT

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 am

Shame,Shame, Shame
By Frank DiConzo, verified user — Thu, 08/22/2013 - 10:03

GRCC Board taking it out on this group. What about the hair solon and the other business in that building did their rent go up also?

Due to the lack of an operating budget, Dolloff said the the Board of Directors realized they had to “try and make every inch of our building profitable,” which resulted in an increase in rent for GRCC tenants.

SJ Link

************************************************************************************************

Frank DiConzo: It has been going down hill for a long time. When I grew up there you could eat off the floors on every level.

Frankie, that's because funding for the GRCC has been going down. When you were growing up, the "Stute" (GRCC) was properly funded.  Frankie, it doesn't take a genius to understand that. duh 

SJ Link

Frank DiConzo: So now let's spank everyone because of their errors that they won't admit to.

Really Frankie, really?  The "Save Rumford" crowd bears no responsibility for the predicament the GRCC is in? You and your buddies are insane if you truly believe that.  Whether the tax payers of Rumford can afford to or should fund the GRCC, is irrelevant. Any thinking person can easily see that the "Save Rumford" crowd is driven by politics and ideology, not economics. Your special interest group would have taken the same positions during the days of Rumford's greatest prosperity.

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top