I don't know if this is inappropriate or not...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't know if this is inappropriate or not...

Post by T on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 pm

I don't know if this is inappropriate or not.  But... when LePage runs his mouth about changing how business is done in Augusta, implying that the Democrats are corrupt, it seems to me LePage and his Republican cronies need a new mirror.

*** Eric Cianchette's company, ELC Management, was chosen among four bidders to build new Department of Health and Human Services offices in South Portland after the current offices' lease in Portland expires next year

*** Cianchette donated $3,000 to LePage's re-election committee in 2012 and $1,500 to LePage in 2010, the maximum amount an individual can contribute, according to state ethics commission reports. He also gave $10,000 to Maine's Republican Party in 2011.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 2403
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't know if this is inappropriate or not...

Post by T on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 am

Business as usual.  LePage is no better than those he and the Tea Party criticizes.

The Associated Press submitted a request Nov. 15 and was notified within the five-day period the documents wouldn't be ready until February. Another request made Sept. 30 for one week of communications in LePage's office hasn't yet yielded a result.

Responding to requests can burden officials who regularly have to work longer hours to gather and sort through documents, said Adrienne Bennett, a spokeswoman for the Republican governor.

I thought state workers were corrupt lay-a bouts?  Now they're burdened?  Come on gov'na.  Which is it? Oh wait. Bennett is talking about the gov'na's cronies.  whistling 

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 am

More business as usual...

In June 2012, under pressure to close a $83 million Department of Health and Human Services shortfall, the state's Center for Disease Control and Prevention — under the supervision of DHHS Commissioner Mary Mayhew — defunded 27 Healthy Maine Partnerships and their associated healthy community coalitions.

Then, over a span of six days, CDC and DHHS realigned these HMPs and contrived a plan to redistribute $4.7 million in grants to the partnerships, a reduction of $2.7 million from FY12.

In the process, supervisors ordered employees to destroy documents that didn’t support the political wishes of CDC and DHHS (Mary Mayhew). And, all working papers documenting the process were destroyed.

The CDC “created” documents to support its funding decisions and made those documents public without telling anyone they were fakes.

Investigators found the methodology developed to rank the HMPs was flawed, the process was not well documented, supervisors ordered documents to be destroyed, there was obvious signs of intentional manipulation of results and the Wabanaki District — one of nine lead HMPs — was not evaluated under the same protocol as the rest and then gained nearly double the level of funding from FY12, or a total of $597,941. The next largest grants of $322,941 went to Healthy Aroostook and to Healthy Acadia in Washington County, but most coalitions received $160,000 or less.

During the entire process, according to an email sent to the Sun Journal in 2012 from a DHHS spokesman, Mayhew “approved this approach and the award decisions. She was the decider.”

According to the OPEGA investigation, once the Sun Journal asked for records the agency had to invent some to justify the HMP funding awards and the public had to be stalled.

Destruction of a public record is a Class D misdemeanor crime, punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a $2,000 fine under Maine’s Freedom of Access Act, and violation of a public records request carries a maximum penalty of a $500 fine.

So, is the Tea Party outraged? Hah!

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top