It's rampant?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's rampant?

Post by T on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 pm

The Governor told reporters in Augusta he doesn't want to kill the EBT program, but thinks theft and improper use of the cards is costing the state millions. "Its rampant," he said.

WCSH6.com

I'd like some hard, unbiased evidence.  I don't believe a word LePage says.

LePage's war on the poor reminds me of Florida Governor Scott's war on the poor.  Scott and the Republicans passed a law requiring all people receiving welfare benefits must undergo a drug test because it was believed drug use in that population was "rampant". Scott and the Republicans saw this as a sure-fire way to deny benefits to hundreds of thousands of people, thereby saving the wealthy millions of dollars.  Florida's law required welfare applicants to pay for and pass a drug test to get benefits.

Well, Florida tested thousands and thousands of welfare recipients. And guess what?  It was found that the incidence of drug use among welfare recipients was LOWER than in the general population.  Florida's drug testing law has since been rejected by the courts.

T

Number of posts : 2529
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's rampant?

Post by T on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 pm

BTW...LePage doesn't have an original thought or idea.  He steals his schemes from Florida on a regular basis.  Remember, the gov'na lives in Ormond Beach, FL.

T

Number of posts : 2529
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top