Unfortunately, he's right.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unfortunately, he's right.

Post by T on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 pm

LePage defies Maine AG on releasing report; tells Mills 'sue me'

AUGUSTA — In a letter to Maine's Republican Gov. Paul LePage, the state's top law enforcement officer is demanding he follow state public records law and release copies of a public document he has in his possession.

"As chief law enforcement officer for the State of Maine and chief advisor on Freedom of Access issues, I must insist you release this report to all who request it immediately," Mills wrote.

When LePage was asked about Mills' letter, he instructed the press "tell her to sue me."

LePage was defiant despite Mills' letter. He told reporters they'd see the report when he was ready.

The Rhode Island-based Alexander Group was contracted to examine Maine's welfare system, including the possible impacts of Medicaid expansion here.

The $925,200 no-bid contract authorized by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services contains specific language that the administration must release any copies of the so-called Alexander Report it has in its possession under Maine's Freedom of Access Act.

Here is where LePage is right:

In response to repeated requests for access to the report, the Sun Journal and other media have been told to file civil lawsuits for FOAA access and that the administration will release the records before any case can be adjudicated.

SJ Link

BTW...I wonder if I could get away with the same BS?

T

Number of posts : 2410
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum