Just once, just once would you shut the "f" up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just once, just once would you shut the "f" up!

Post by T on Sat May 16, 2015 10:27 am

Just once, just once would you shut the "f" up!  We know you HATE all of Rumford's municipal employees, especially the Rumford PD. If we all could be just 1% as perfect as you, all of the world's problems would be solved.  SHUT UP...JUST SHUT UP

*****************************************************************************************************************************

It could have been a whole lot worse.
By Candice Casey, Community Member, Rumford — Fri, 05/15/2015 - 22:20
That facility has a 500 lb propane tank! Not only did police fail to keep route 2 open for responding fire departments, the failed to detour traffic that without warning g drove into heavy smoke, and most importantly fard to evacuate the neighborhood the recommended 4 city block minimum for a fire with a 50p lb propane tank on site. Had that tank blown it would have set off a chain reaction with all those tankers! The loss of life and property damage would have been horrific. Rumford needs to pull out the old critical event records and see how well the closing of route 2 was carried out by volunteers for the serious crash on route 2 near the animal farm in the 90s for an entire day.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

HUMM
By Candice Casey, Community Member, Rumford — Sat, 05/16/2015 - 06:21
First of I commended the many volunteers who worked an entire day in the 90s detouring traffic around the Animal Farm crash. I would say that was definitely not a put down.

Most importantly, a few were unfortunately displaced by the fire of yet to be disclosed in the media cause, with even fewer suffering smoke inhalation. My comment relates to the catastrophe that may well have occurred as the result of that tank blowing as the police stood around instead of evacuating the neighborhood and detouring ALL but emergency vehicles and personnel from Route 2. My sympathies certainly lie with the residents of the Linnell Motel who lost their homes and property, my "compassion" goes out to those whose lives and in the case of vehicle traffic on route 2, were put in great peril by those who failed to take necessary, common sense, proven precautions to preserve life and property in such circumstances.

As to my being in the area, I was taking a friend to McDonalds to get her an iced tea, and to see about our purchasing apples and potatoes from Frank Jenace who holds a farmers market in the Abbott's Farm Plaza lot. When I learned of the fire I called Oxford County Dispatch to see if volunteers were needed to detour traffic; I was the volunteer at 232 and S. Rumford Rd for that 1990s Route 2 by the Animal Farm accident, directing traffic an entire day down S Rumford Road and appropriately out of S. Rumford Rd onto 232 to by pass route 2 from Rumford Pt to the top of Falls Hill. I was told that Rumford Police reported they were all set. And what an "all set" it turned out they were, RT 2 a parking lot with thousands put at risk and emergency vehicles obstructed.

If the departments involved have a roundtable/debriefing, develop an appropriate plan to not repeat this, and then actually implement the plan in the next emergency, then I will commend them. As to this crisis, the fire departments, ambulance crews, citizens who reacted at the outset, and demolition people did a great job.

Rumford's police department performed to their usual standards, TERRIBLE. Hopefully come June 10th, Rumford's Police Department will be on its way to being a memory with a far more professional team from the Oxford County Sheriff's Department, TWELVE strong locally, many more county wide, inter-jurisdictional agencies responding, as well as tapping into the volunteers, many vary well trained already whenever needed so messes and potential disasters like this can be avoided in the future.

I would like to add an additional commendation as the subject has expanded from my original comment, a commendation to the Oxford County Sheriff Wayne Gallant and his fine team that works so well together and with other departments and citizens in general as well as volunteers. Maine is an exceedingly low population, rural state, lacking in the ability to maintain large infrastructures, yet the Oxford County Sheriff has embraced community building and resource development, tapping into businesses and the citizenry as resources as has the Rumford, Mexico, Andover, Peru, Dixfield, Woodstock. . . Fire Departments without who's dedication and willingness to come together as a team supported by their communities, things would be a lot worse when accidents, fires, and natural disasters strike the area.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3086
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just once, just once would you shut the "f" up!

Post by T on Sat May 16, 2015 4:36 pm

I guess the Sun Journal wants her to shut up too... applause

*********************************************************************************

Comment removed
By Candice Casey, Community Member, Rumford — Sat, 05/16/2015 - 05:20
Login to post comments Permalink Is this comment inappropriate?
Would you like to respond? Login or create a new subscription.

Comment removed
By Candice Casey, Community Member, Rumford — Sat, 05/16/2015 - 05:14
Login to post comments Permalink Is this comment inappropriate?
Would you like to respond? Login or create a new subscription.

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sat May 16, 2015 4:42 pm

At least Candy knows how to clean up after herself... party   FYI...this the picture she selected for her Sun Journal profile.  dunno

********************************************************************************************************************************
Candice Casey's Picture

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Nope, she just won't...shut up... 

Candy's HATRED (I used caps so when Candy reads this, she will feel right at home) for the Rumford PD is unparalleled. She needs to get into a new line of work don't ya think?  party

BTW Candace...the office involved shooting you keep hyperventilating about, was investigated and ruled to be justified.  You don't have a clue what you're talking about and are spreading misinformation once again. You were not a witness to either of these shootings so can only speak with the authority of a con man.

Yes, this one ws armed, and unlike a recent Rumford Officer
By Candice Casey, Community Member, Rumford — Thu, 05/21/2015 - 15:27
involved shooting, it wasn't with a closed pocket knife IN a pants pocket or closed in a closed hand or with a phone pressed to the victims head while she was talking ON the phone ON her OWN porch being annoyed by TWO MALE Rumford Police Officers each TWICE HER WEIGHT while SHE was minding her own business. "An Oxford County deputy shot a local man early Wednesday morning when he created an armed confrontation with officers, Sheriff Wayne Gallant said."

If a man feels "threatened" by a female half his size minding her own business sitting on her own porch talking on her own phone with a closed pocket knife in her pocket he can't see, he should seriously consider police work is NOT for him. When he pulls his gun he should know beyond all doubt, police work isn't for him. When he shoots her twice, in my opinion he should find his knew career involves a shared jail cell for 10-20 years.

Lovell man shot in standoff with police

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Thu May 21, 2015 6:22 pm

For those of you who are interested in FACTS (the caps are for your benefit Candy) regarding the Rumford PD officer involved shooting, here they are:

The Maine Attorney General’s Office said Tuesday that a Rumford police officer was justified in shooting and wounding a suicidal woman who threatened him with a knife in March.

According to an Attorney General’s Office report, police were sent to the residence of Jessica Bryn-Francisco, 25, on March 18 after the woman told her counselor that she had taken a large dose of anti-anxiety and sleep medications in an attempt to kill herself.

The report said the counselor called police, and Rumford Officer Brad Gallant went to Bryn-Francisco’s apartment on Maine Avenue. He knocked on the door, but no one answered.

Gallant could hear a woman inside, but the door was locked. By that time, Sgt. Tracey Higley had joined Gallant.

Rumford police had responded to Bryn-Francisco’s residence 30 previous times dating to 2007, including 13 calls related to suicide attempts, according to the report.

Both officers had responded to Bryn-Francisco’s prior suicide attempts and were concerned that she might be unconscious inside, so Higley forced the door open.

Once inside, Higley found about 30 empty prescription medication capsules that appeared to have been emptied into a glass of water. The glass was nearly empty.

Bryn-Francisco was not inside, but she was still talking on the phone to her counselor, who relayed to police that she had left the apartment through an open window. The officers searched for Bryn-Francisco and found her sitting on the ground underneath a deck (not on a porch as Candy stated) attached to the apartment building.

Gallant tried talking to her, but she told him to leave her alone. As the officer tried to help her onto her feet, he noticed she was holding a folding knife (not in her pocket as Candy would have you believe).

Gallant stepped back and, in doing so, dropped his handcuffs in the snow. He ordered Bryn-Francisco to drop the knife, but she refused.

The officer then tried to use his Taser but was unsuccessful.

Higley, who had been looking for Bryn-Francisco in another area, joined Gallant after his attempt to subdue her with the Taser failed. He also shouted to her to drop the knife, and attempted to use his own Taser, which was also unsuccessful.

At that point, Bryn-Francisco began walking toward Higley with the knife drawn (not folded in her pocket as Candy said). Higley had his gun out and was walking backward in the snow as Bryn-Francisco advanced, the report said.

Higley continued to ask her to drop the knife, prompting her to respond by saying, “Go ahead and shoot me,” according to the Attorney General’s Office report.

Higley said he didn’t want to shoot her but the woman kept approaching him with the knife still in her hand. The officer fired two shots from his .40-caliber handgun, both of which struck Bryn-Francisco. She fell to the ground and the officer took her knife.

An investigation found that Bryn-Francisco was about 15 feet from Higley when the shots were fired.

She was treated for gunshot wounds, first at Rumford Medical Center and then at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston. Eight days after she was admitted, she checked herself out of the hospital.

Bryn-Francisco has been charged with criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, a Class C felony. The case is still pending in Oxford County Superior Court.

As is the case with all uses of deadly force by police officers in Maine, the Attorney General’s Office investigated Higley’s conduct.

On Tuesday, Attorney General Janet Mills concluded that Higley “reasonably believed that unlawful deadly force was imminently threatened against him.”

PPH Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top