Every time a secret ballot is used...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every time a secret ballot is used...

Post by T on Thu May 28, 2015 5:13 am

Every time a secret ballot is used, we spend more money.  It has been my experience that at town/school district meetings, where a show of hands is used, people spend less money. Why?  The Tea Party types can threaten and intimidate the voters into submission.

The Bethel area school system is a good example.

The Tea Party belief that their effort to force a secret ballot at every turn will result in spending less, has not worked. applause  

********************************************************************************************************************************

RUMFORD — Residents of Regional School Unit 10 overwhelmingly approved a 2015-16 operating budget of $36.71 million Wednesday night as wind and rain pounded on the roof of the Mountain Valley High School auditorium. The secret-ballot vote was 67-3.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Every time a secret ballot is used...

Post by T on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 am

Tom, I've been voting at town and school district meetings for 40+ years.  The only people I've ever seen "pressure and intimidate" the voters have been Tea Party types. Generally, when a secret ballot is used, voters tend to spend more money.  I hope you're prepared for the June 9th secret balloting results.  The outcome may not be what you want, and you'll have Mark Belanger, et al. to thank.

********************************************************************************************************************************

T. Fallon: Think, question and vote
Rumford citizens should remember that they are free to think and question the budget because Selectman Mark Belanger has made sure we have the privacy of the secret ballot to vote without pressure or intimidation.

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 am

The results are in...

Thank you Mr. Belanger, et al.! applause party

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top