Another possible reason to impeach

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another possible reason to impeach

Post by T on Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Comey Memo Says Trumpery Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trumpery asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trumpery’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trumpery’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trumpery’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Read the entire article HERE

Copy & Paste: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

T

Number of posts : 2831
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another possible reason to impeach

Post by T on Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Trumpery can share any intel he wants, but he can't interfere with an FBI investigation.

Trumpery = Obstructor of Justice

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 pm

How many days has Trumpery been in office? 116? dunno

And how many laws has he broken during these 116 days? dunno

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 am

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Republican chairman of the House oversight committee, sent a letter to the FBI on Tuesday (5/16/2017) requesting that it turn over all documents and recordings that detail communications between Comey and Trumpery. He said he would give the FBI a week and then "if we need a subpoena, we'll do it."

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top