Cyber bully

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyber bully

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Do cyber bullies point their cyber guns at others' cyberheads?

Back to top Go down

Re: Cyber bully

Post by xmashen on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Only when they think they can get away with it.

Sincerely, C. Ortez

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Local Website Guilty of Cyberbullying
There she goes again: acting as judge and jury. (Maybe she had help from R Ortez.).

Just wonderin',
M Ortez

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 pm

is it just me, or is the title of that "editorial" completely ironic?

concerned citizen
D. Ortez

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm

No, I don't think it's you. Calling it "ironic" is kind.

P Ortez

(are we related?)

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:33 pm

only if your mom was a "concerned"....

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:39 pm

i recall a couple uncles who were " concerned" but they married "citizens". Somewhere back along, an ORTEZ came into the family, someone who clearly hates the police dept. (but if i remember correctly, for good reason... he felt targeted for constantly being stopped for DUI's, but that's just good old uncle R.) Fortunately, later in life, he found someone to write a letter on his behalf accusing the perpetrators of his demise.

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 pm

xmashen,
That's hilarious. You were on a roll......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:16 pm

From TRR:
"The sad situation with this particular website is that the writers are anonymous, therefore, those who are the victim of their slanderous comments, lies, and personal attacks are not able to confront their accusers. The people that this website are in fact cyberbullying are not able to identify who the cyberbullys are therefore it appears that they cannot take legal action via the criminal justice system or through civil means."

Well, Jennifer, the anonymous posters on this site are up front and "open" about their anonymity, each having their own personal reasons for doing so.
TRR posters, on the other hand, use fake, made-up names, like R Ortez, to protect their identity when they do their slandering. But unlike this site, TRR seems to have just one legitimate poster who uses different aliases.

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 pm

This latest "article" from The Rumford Reporter means only one thing. We are doing our job.

T

Number of posts : 2804
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:39 pm

The Rumford Reporter wrote:The best way to handle these and other cyberbullys is to save all the
evidence and as the laws get stronger, use it to not only help yourself
but others as well.

Good advice which is why I save much of what The Rumford Reporter publishes.

T

Number of posts : 2804
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok I have to say just this quick point. Wasn't TRR awhile back posting stuff about leaving letters and articles anonymous to protect those because THEY were being attacked. I can't remember when, maybe last year, but I remember reading either something in a letter or something on the side bar for submitting letters that TRR would protect the identification of its contributors? Can we ask them why its not ok for other publications to do the same (I know dumb question, but still worth being asked).
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Actually I found it on TRR website on a letter to the editor dated June 23, 2008.

"
Editor's Note: Out of respect
for our Rumford Citizens who want to be a part of rebuilding our
community by voicing their opinion and perspective without being
slandered and attacked on the Sun Journal blogs, we will print your LTE
on TRR without your name. Again, as long as you tell us your name so
that we can verify that the letter is from you, we will respect your
wishes to remain anonymous given the current issues with the Sun
Journal blogs."
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 pm

The repeated, disgustingly unprintable e-mails they sent on my account would probably nullify any legitimate complaint they have about cyber-bullying...no one in their right mind would take these people seriously. The police and the attorney already have copies. The Sun Journal wants first printing rights on a couple of things that I have asked them not to publish. I'm going to take TRR's advice - Please let me know if anyone receives a formal complaint...I'll be happy to help you out.
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:19 am

You are so right. TRR has continually operated with a double standard, one for their site, one for the rest of the world. I think she MUST know this, but then I wonder if she truly cannot see it.
I think she has a bully mentality, hence all the projection of being bullied. (I can picture a 14 year old, commanding her little friends to do her bidding.)
In an earlier post, I seriously asked JSN: "Who are you really?" There's a Walt Whitman quote from "Song of Myself":
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

Timeout, I DO take her seriously, and I worry that many others might take her seriously. (I think her bullying personality can have that effect.) I compare TRR to skin cancer: Oh, it's only an annoying little spot. Ultimately, it can devastate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:53 am

It's impossible to take TRR seriously after all the cruel, slanderous untruths they have printed about people in this town. I can't imagine anyone that has paid attention taking TRR seriously anymore.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 am

Well, I hope you're right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:24 pm

This is about the forth time that TRR has stated a name or a group of people that behind this site. They always state it factually and they are always wrong.

This last time they stated that the RFD is behind this site. Mark Tripp writes on it but he posts under his own name. I want to state that I am not a member of the RFD, RPD or any town employee. I am average Joe citizen who happens to love our town and hate bullies.

Although TRR wants to try to turn the tables on us by calling us the bullies, all anyone has to do is read our sites and make up their own mind. I could provide a long list of all of the abusive things that TRR has done but if youíve been reading on here very long, I donít have to.

I do have a suggestion for TRR. Trying to regain your credibility by attacking our is bound to have the opposite effect than the one you are looking for. If you would like to regain some credibility, you might try stopping the lies, deception and hatefulness and truly try to become a positive entity in our town.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:48 am

TRR does tend to state as FACT most of what they print, and much of the content (ususally in the form of accusation) of TRR is either an outright lie or plainly incorrect.

I have reached the conclusion that, whatever her underlying problem, she cannot be reasoned with.

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:03 am

This last time they stated that the RFD is behind this site. Mark Tripp writes on it but he
posts under his own name. I want to state that I am not a member of the
RFD, RPD or any town employee. I am average Joe citizen who happens to
love our town and hate bullies.

Ditto for me. I've never even been inside our local FD and am in no way affiliated with either the FD or PD. I've never personally met our TM or any of the selectmen. I'm simply one of the many obscure denizens of our community who was annoyed into action by TRR.
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

I sort of know some of the firemen, some of the policemen, all of the selectmen, the town manager and a few other interesting characters.

As for supporting the Fire Department and Police Departments of our town? I thought that was a GOOD thing. Do I agree that not everything is perfect? Yes. There's always room for improvement. It does not appear, however, that TRR wants improvement...I believe they are going for devastation at any cost.

Admin, C, I appreciate where you're coming from but I don't think it matters if you know the firemen, policemen, etc. at all. It's a mature fact of life that even if we are friends with someone it doesn't always mean we will agree with everything they do. TRR makes the fundamental attribution error of implying we can't think for ourselves...some call it projection, some call it just plain annoying.

I think one of the things that particularly irks me has been watching Chief Carter when he took over as interim with so much diligence and care. I had not yet met the man but he really impressed me with how well he prepared himself for the task of town manager after Eldridge left. He always handles himself with professionalism and, something many don't have, obvious self-respect. The fact that TRR can blast him the way they have only shows the degree of disrespect they have for anything decent. They should make friends with the mirror before they come out to challenge the world...
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top