JSN and the LSJ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JSN and the LSJ

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 am

I am very surprised JSN allowed the LSJ to interview and quote her given how they "never get anything right." I guess she's just "using" the available resources to plug her agenda.

Back to top Go down

Re: JSN and the LSJ

Post by C on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Has JSN, who proclaims to be fighting for fiscal responsibility and wanting to save the taxpayers their hard earned dollars, decided against that suddenly?
In her new position (self appointed?) of "Rumford building program landlord-tenant advocate" she is undermining the authority of town officials by telling these tenants that they don't have to move. It is unfortunate that these tenants have to relocate, but the blame belongs squarely on the shoulders of the landlord and no one else.
He was given ample time to submit a plan of action and make repairs. With municipal wide building inspections commencing soon JSN is setting a precedence that is sabotaging the efforts to make this a safer community. Before long us taxpayers will paying legal fees added to the expense of the additional red tape. If this landlord doesn't have to make repairs or evict his tenants how will violations in other buildings be enforceable?
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:17 pm

It is a little confusing...there are two articles in today's SJ. One says the tenants refuse to move and in the other they have been given a reprieve according to the Rumford Building Program Landlord-Tenant Advocate...(can we make that easier? RBPLTA??? never mind).

Perhaps the larger view is that the new position as advocate not only represents the tenants but also largely represents the school of economic development that believes codes hinder growth? There's a bigger picture here...there always is.
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm

I love they way you think, timeout! My fuzzy brain wasn't able to get the whole picture, but now I can see where all this is going. Thanks! (Oh, by the way, next week, i think I will be the river valley advocate for rodent control).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm

xmashen,
Put me first on your schedule. This year's mouse count is currently at 20, down from last year.....lots of steel wool in the holes I could find. Catch and release is a drag at 5 am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 pm

All right then...I have some cats you can borrow.
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 pm

I have two cats....25 pounds and 22 pounds. Mice are purely for their visual pleasure. I really don't want to talk about it.............. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Sounds like those cats are "guests"...mine are "employees". I'm sure they're cute?
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Well, I think it's clear that brad adley and rob cameron are responsible for the current infestation. And I am sure Steve Eldrige snuck a few in... and let's not forget Chief Carter.... i know he hid a few in the back of his cruiser... and , by the way, has anyone inspected the backs of the firetrucks lately?

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Stop!!! You're killing me!!!!!!!!
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:20 pm

look for my exclusive interview in the SJ

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:22 pm

I will be standing with the mice.... who do not need to be evicted from their nests at this time of the year. (although, i will be doing my best to assist them in relocating).

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

(ok, that was just another cheap joke) because i am actually very sympathetic to the tenants. I just hate that they are being used in another self-promotion scheme.

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Can we somehow move the comments regarding JSN to another thread and put the building code-related issues under Building Codes?
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I was thinking this whole thread might be easier to follow if it were merged with the building codes thread...

Done- it was a PIA but I did it. bounce Now maybe we can stay on topic....
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:28 pm

NYC residents: Track rats online with mouse

NEW YORK (AP) - The city wants to make sure rats have no place to hide, at least online.

Xmashen, I read this article in today's National section of the SJ and immediately thought of you. Hope you will find some good tips for your new role as RVARC (pronounce REE-varc)...lol
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Gee, Timeout, i am so thrilled that you thought of me when you thought of RATS. OK, maybe i can be one sometimes.... you know i can't help it!

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:47 pm

No prob - these guys are taking the rat thing pretty seriously and I thought maybe you might want to take a little road trip to check it out. Here's the scoop with an excerpt copy/pasted right from the article!

"A Rat Information Portal, complete with a searchable map of rat inspections and violations, debuted Thursday on the city's Web site.

Beyond providing advice on rousting the rodents, the site aims to encourage residents to act as rat watchdogs, using the map to track trouble spots and pressure property owners who are slow to address them. "It's so they can better understand what's expected of the people in charge but also what they can do to help push it along," said Dan Kass, an assistant commissioner of the city Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

The rat portal, which also offers photos of rat droppings and tips on choosing an exterminator, is the city's latest move to turn up the heat on the rodents."

This could be a whole new industry that brings jobs to Western Maine! Wink Once again, Rumford can be on the cutting edge of the Information Age!

Last edited by Timeout on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a few more silly things)
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:04 pm

First of all, while I admit that rodents can be problematic.... i. e. chewing wires, getting into the dog food, scaring the hell out of you in the middle of the night when you are heading towards the bathroom... they are still CUTE and god's creatures. We all grew up with Mickey and Minnie , and who amongst us would like to see them lying dead in a trap, or spinning around the living room dying from poison?

It's not MY fault that they've been anthromophasized into creatures that we present to our kids on holidays and birthdays!

I don't have time, in my busy life of posting nonsense, to examine "droppings" (ok, just trr droppings)

I want Mickey and Minnie to LIVE! (happily, even if an unsanctioned union)

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:06 pm

i think i meant to say " anthropamorphized" but ....

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Timeout,
I'm not so sure I like the idea of you trying to sell the exterminator idea to xmashen.
Your friend,
bug

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:14 pm

omg Bug, I'm soooo sorry...
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down