An Angel gets her wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Angel gets her wings

Post by steve on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 am

I had every intention of avoiding this forum until after the election, but after reading the SJ obituaries this morning, I felt compelled to write in. Dot Sanchas passed away yesterday. For anyone who knew Dot and many who knew of her, the world is a less hospitable place now. Dot devoted her life to helping others in whatever way she could. As a young man in the 60's, I would hear my parents commending Dot for her tireless efforts in caring for the poor and needy. And I recall the stories of her bringing food or clothing to less than fortunate neighbors even though Dot, herself, was not a wealthy person. She gave of herself in ways most people will never know, but she was always ready to give more. There is a special place in Heaven for people like Dot. She undoubtedly got the wings she should have received on earth.

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Angel gets her wings

Post by Timeout on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:44 am

God bless her...Dot once gave me a dollar so I could buy a bag of flour to cook with when I was totally broke...she is grace and love.

Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 am

steve wrote:I had every intention of avoiding this forum until after the election, but after reading the SJ obituaries this morning, I felt compelled to write in. Dot Sanchas passed away yesterday. For anyone who knew Dot and many who knew of her, the world is a less hospitable place now. Dot devoted her life to helping others in whatever way she could. As a young man in the 60's, I would hear my parents commending Dot for her tireless efforts in caring for the poor and needy. And I recall the stories of her bringing food or clothing to less than fortunate neighbors even though Dot, herself, was not a wealthy person. She gave of herself in ways most people will never know, but she was always ready to give more. There is a special place in Heaven for people like Dot. She undoubtedly got the wings she should have received on earth.

Amen

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:32 am

Dot was a generous, compassionate woman who's kindness made a difference in many lives. Our community was fortunate to have such an angel and she will be missed.

C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top