Political Signs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Political Signs

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:55 pm

I've noticed what I think is a strange practice this year and wonder if anyone can shed some light on this: It seems that where there is a John Patrick for County Commissioner sign, there is also a sign for the re-election of Dave Duguay for the same office. I have not noticed this in other elections, and it seems limited to this race. Are there that many households where the votes will, in essence, cancel each other out?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by xmashen on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 pm

well, as a mccain/obama/palin/biden supporter I can only ask "what's your problem?"

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by xmashen on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:10 pm

HOWEVER, the evil me asks myself if candidates somehow compensate property owners for placing their campaign signs. Just another evil thought.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by xmashen on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:11 pm

On the other hand, it could simply be a multi-family (hopefully up to code) building with different households supporting different candidates.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by KevinNSaisi on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:20 am

bug wrote:I've noticed what I think is a strange practice this year and wonder if anyone can shed some light on this: It seems that where there is a John Patrick for County Commissioner sign, there is also a sign for the re-election of Dave Duguay for the same office. I have not noticed this in other elections, and it seems limited to this race. Are there that many households where the votes will, in essence, cancel each other out?

Dave told me that he has not placed any signs on property where a Patrick sign was already placed. I have seen Duguay signs go up, and within a couple days, a Patrick sign was aside it. If you look, you see that most of Patrick's signs are co-located with signs of other democratic candidates. I believe the practice is for someone like Matt to ask for permission to place a sign, and when it is put up, Patrick gets his there too. I consider this to be improper (and possibly illegal). That is one of the reasons I will not be supporting Patrick.

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by Timeout on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:23 am

I think they do that...a friend said one candidate asked to put a sign on their lawn. The other then asked for the same favor, came and put up TWO...I hope a third candidate doesn't appear for the sake of lawn space...lol...

Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:52 am

KevinNSaisi wrote:[quote
If you look, you see that most of Patrick's signs are co-located with signs of other democratic candidates. I believe the practice is for someone like Matt to ask for permission to place a sign, and when it is put up, Patrick gets his there too. I consider this to be improper (and possibly illegal). That is one of the reasons I will not be supporting Patrick.

So, you are implying and assuming that John Patrick does not ask permission to place his signs, but rides on the backs of other democrats.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by KevinNSaisi on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Yes, I am implying exactly that. If I get the time (fat chance), I might just ask a few of the people who have multiple signs exactly who they support and which candidates they gave permission to place a sign on their lawn. If I find out even one was done without permission, Mr. Patrick may find himself in hot water with the state. There are laws requiring permission to be given. I would presume that Mr. Duguay didn't give permission for signs to be placed on his lot on the corner of Cumberland and Lincoln, but then again, he may have.

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by KevinNSaisi on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:10 pm

Timeout wrote:I think they do that...a friend said one candidate asked to put a sign on their lawn. The other then asked for the same favor, came and put up TWO...I hope a third candidate doesn't appear for the sake of lawn space...lol...

There are some people who will allow a sign to be out up regardless of who is asking, but the patrick signs are almost everywhere Duguay signs appear. There are lots of nice people out there, but many people I know are either single party voters or at least single candidate voters and wouldn't want a competing candidate's sign on their lawn.

I received an email recently indicating that the democrats need people to put up even more signs. I think I have to agree with Mr. Cameron, we need to put limits on political signs. My opinion is that they not be allowed on the public way or any public land. That way, the candidate needs permission from somebody to place a sign, and we won't have the sign farms that we see at every intersection. Perhaps the local ordinance could require written permission be given for political signs on private property.

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Political Signs

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:01 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum