Polititians at the polling sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:36 am

Dear Abby,
When I go to the polls to vote, I do not like being confronted by those who are running for office. It's an uncomfortable situation for me. I enter the polling venue knowing who I'm going to vote for, and I feel sheepish shaking the hand of a candidate who I hope loses. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Poll Shy

Back to top Go down

Re: Polititians at the polling sites

Post by Timeout on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:15 am

Is it too late to vote absentee ballot? Last June I got tossed out by an angry selectman because my daughter called me on the cell phone while I was waiting by the exit for my girlfriend to finish voting...good time, good times...can't wait to go down there again.

Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Politicians at the polling sites

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

Timeout,
Please don't take the actions of last June personally. It is my understanding that there are rules that restrict cell phone usage in a polling place. I agree that any such rules could have been better communicated to voters.

Last edited by KevinNSaisi on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Thanks Kevin - I don't take it personally...it's like that shampoo commercial that says "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"...lol...

I was however pretty ticked off that the man came over and was so loud and rude about it. I did say at the time that he could have just told me instead of being so rude. I think he's somewhat intimidated by me...must be my hair, lol...anyway,

I went outside and waited for my friend who said that while she was waiting in the line to deposit her ballots, another woman standing not 10 feet away from said selectman received a phone call and he did nothing...then,

I told another girlfriend about it and she said, "What?! Three different people received cell phone calls while I was voting and no one said anything!" When I suggested maybe the same selectman wasn't present at that time she said, "No way! He was right there!"

I'm not sure what his reaction to me was all about...maybe he's on to my secret identity as a Mom who's on call to her kids twenty-four-seven and feels compelled to answer the phone when they call from school...

Alas, it's just about simple courtesy - he could have just advised me instead of blasting me with the info...I'm not about breaking the rules - I leave that for the other rebels who want to overthrow the town government...

Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Lol, I'm thinking cell phone useage was the least of the rules broken during the last election!

C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:36 pm

I think you are right.... he knows your secret identity. whistling

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 am

I have to say there were no incidents for me at the polls last night...of course I left the cell phone in the car and said selectman was probably more polite than I was...I appreciate that. Bug, wondering how you made out getting past the "lineup"...I thought of you as I went through...lol...

Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 am

Well, I braved the line-up, shook all the extended hands, wished each one luck, felt uncomfortable and somewhat like a hypocrite.............but I went in one door, did my duties, and exited through another door. (There's a metaphor in there somewhere.) Thank you for asking Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top