Misdirected Economic Development

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Misdirected Economic Development

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 am

The thought of any food establishment near Walmart makes me gag. The smell from the sewerage plant is, on some days, so overpowering that my vomiting reflex goes into action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Henry on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:30 pm

The REDC is staffed by volunteers. Each member chooses the type(s) of projects they want to work on. Right now, Phil and Jim Rinaldo are working their tails off trying to attract retail ventures, including restaurants, to the local area. Others of us are working on attracting boat and canoe manufacturers (think wood composits), small scale pellet mill manufacturers (making the mills that make the pellets), and a host of alternative energy ideas from bio fuel to hydrogen cells.

Of course, as Phil has mentioned several times, we're in the beginning stages of one of the worst economic down turns since the Great Depression, so the progress has been understandably slow. But, there IS progress. And when this down turn changes for the better, we're the area that's going to have the attention of several large companies looking to expand into.

Mark Henry

Mark_Henry

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:05 pm

bug wrote:The thought of any food establishment near Walmart makes me gag. The smell from the sewerage plant is, on some days, so overpowering that my vomiting reflex goes into action.

Is there any way to abate the smell?? I believe the treatment is all done indoors.

KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top