The comments section is even better.
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I just threw up.......

Post by steve on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

I'm just wondering: how long do you intend to attack Sarah Palin on this forum? The election is over, and your team won. Let's not be poor winners.

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:16 am

Steve, unfortunately for 911 who lives in Alaska, Obama's victory sent Palin home. It's got to be ugly there if you're not a Palin supporter.
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 am

Steve, some people may be afraid that she is getting ready to run in 2012. If there is any indication of that happening, you will likely see Palin bashing for the next four years. Please note that the media is still bashing her, as well as insiders from the REPUBLICAN party.
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:05 am

steve wrote:I'm just wondering: how long do you intend to attack Sarah Palin on this forum? The election is over, and your team won. Let's not be poor winners.
Attack? Pretty strong language.

Sarah Palin is a public, political figure contemplating a run for the Presidency in 2012. As long as she is, she's fair game.

Palin [11-10-08]: "Putting my life in my creator's hands -- this is what I always do," she said. "I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door ... And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door."

T

Number of posts : 2416

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steve on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 pm

T wrote:
steve wrote:I'm just wondering: how long do you intend to attack Sarah Palin on this forum? The election is over, and your team won. Let's not be poor winners.
Attack? Pretty strong language.

Sarah Palin is a public, political figure contemplating a run for the Presidency in 2012. As long as she is, she's fair game.

Palin [11-10-08]: "Putting my life in my creator's hands -- this is what I always do," she said. "I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door ... And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door."

OK. Then no one here should have a problem if I continue to point out the perceived shortcomings of the President-Elect...right?

steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Gee Steve, we were counting on it...lol! It's so boring when we all agree.
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Let's all just stick to the truth.
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:06 pm

steve wrote:OK. Then no one here should have a problem if I continue to point out the perceived shortcomings of the President-Elect...right?

No problem here.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:Let's all just stick to the truth.

Okay Grasshopper, what is Truth? scratch
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steve on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:16 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:Let's all just stick to the truth.

Let's all remember, also, that truth is a two-way street

steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:20 pm

I haven't said anything about Ms. Palin that isn't verifyable.
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Claim: Sarah Palin has nothing to do with the Alaska Independence Party
Truth: Sarah Palin has been closely associated for 14 years with these people who want Alaska to secede from the United States
Truth: Todd Palin was a registered member of the AIP from 1995-2002

Joe Vogler, The founder of the AIP once said, "The fires of Hell are glaciers compared to my hate for the American Government, and I won't be buried under their damned flag!" Listen to the audio in the following clip for yourself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYqRfp6-x8
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Claim: Sarah Palin opposed the "Bridge to Nowhere"
Truth: Palin supported the plan and promoted it within Alaska, even after gained negative national attention.
Truth: Alaska kept $230 million in taxpayer funds even through they haven't built the bridge
Truth: Alaska kept over $20 million in funds for the "Road to Nowhere"

Truth: Palin currently supports another bridge for which Alaska is seeking for $449 million.

The bridge project originally was written into the 2005 federal budget, but when it gained negative national attenion, Congress "killed" the bridge by removing the requirement in the budget that the money be spent on that project. But the money for Alaska stayed in the budget.
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:52 pm

Claim: Sarah Palin's years as Mayor and Governor show she has the experience to be Vice President Truth: Palin's record shows that she abuses power, mistrusts science, and is overly secretive
As full attention is now being paid to Sarah Palin's record as Mayor of Wasilla and later as Governor of Alaska, the picture that is beginning to form is that of an aggressively ambitious person who hires and fires people based more on loyalty than competence, who rewards campaign contributors with jobs or insider information, and who goes to great lengths to hide all of her office's internal communications from the public. Like George Bush and Dick Cheney, she ignores the findings of science when it does not fit with her worldview, and ignores the advice of subordinates when the don't agree with her wishes.
Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials.
Palin ignores the findings of her state's own scientists, lies about it, and then tries to hide the evidence.
Rick Steiner, a University of Alaska professor, sought the e-mail messages of state scientists who had examined the effect of global warming on polar bears. (Ms. Palin said the scientists had found no ill effects, and she has sued the federal government to block the listing of the bears as endangered.) An administration official told Mr. Steiner that his request would cost $468,784 to process.
When Mr. Steiner finally obtained the e-mail messages — through a federal records request — he discovered that state scientists had in fact agreed that the bears were in danger, records show.
“Their secrecy is off the charts,” Mr. Steiner said.
Much has been made of Palin's interest in the possibility of banning books from the Wasilla library when she was Mayor. Though it is true that Palin never made an official request to remove any books--because the city's residents rose up in opposition when she tried to fire the librarian who said she would not do so--there is no question that she felt some books should be removed, even though she hadn't even read them.
But in 1995, Ms. Palin, then a city councilwoman, told colleagues that she had noticed the book “Daddy’s Roommate” on the shelves and that it did not belong there, according to Ms. Chase and Mr. Stein. Ms. Chase read the book, which helps children understand homosexuality, and said it was inoffensive; she suggested that Ms. Palin read it.
“Sarah said she didn’t need to read that stuff,” Ms. Chase said. “It was disturbing that someone would be willing to remove a book from the library and she didn’t even read it.”
Palin hired high-school friends and other people with questionable credentials to fill statewide positions.
Ms. Palin chose Talis Colberg, a borough assemblyman from the Matanuska valley, as her attorney general, provoking a bewildered question from the legal community: “Who?” Mr. Colberg, who did not return calls, moved from a one-room building in the valley to one of the most powerful offices in the state, supervising some 500 people.
“I called him and asked, ‘Do you know how to supervise people?’ ” said a family friend, Kathy Wells. “He said, ‘No, but I think I’ll get some help.’ ”
Sarah Palin's office uses the same tactics as the Bush administration to conceal internal communications which should usually be available for inspection during an official inquiry.
Yet recent controversy has marred Ms. Palin’s reform credentials. In addition to the trooper investigation, lawmakers in April accused her of improperly culling thousands of e-mail addresses from a state database for a mass mailing to rally support for a policy initiative.
While Ms. Palin took office promising a more open government, her administration has battled to keep information secret. Her inner circle discussed the benefit of using private e-mail addresses. An assistant told her it appeared that such e-mail messages sent to a private address on a “personal device” like a BlackBerry “would be confidential and not subject to subpoena.”
Ms. Palin and aides use their private e-mail addresses for state business. A campaign spokesman said the governor copied e-mail messages to her state account “when there was significant state business.”
As Governor, she has also proven to be highly dismissive of the concerns of the state's mayors. Many of their requests go completely ignored.
At an Alaska Municipal League gathering in Juneau in January, mayors across the political spectrum swapped stories of the governor’s remoteness. How many of you, someone asked, have tried to meet with her? Every hand went up, recalled Mayor Fred Shields of Haines Borough. And how many met with her? Just a few hands rose. Ms. Palin soon walked in, delivered a few remarks and left for an anti-abortion rally.
Another article has also just been published which paints a very similar picture of Palin as an executive who has always placed loyalty over competence when hiring, and has always pushed ahead with her own plans even in the face of advice from people who are more knowledgeable and experienced.
Some in town had for years pressed the city for a new space for the cramped library. Palin, who calls herself a "typical hockey mom," instead focused on building a sports complex with an NHL-size rink. In 2002, by a 20-vote margin, voters approved a $14.7 million bond to be financed by a half-cent sales tax hike.
Palin had forged ahead with the project despite a lingering legal dispute over whether the city had ownership of the land. A judge had initially ruled in the city's favor, but it later lost on appeal and had to pay $1.3 million more for the land.
"The only accomplishment of note was the building of the sports complex . . . and it was bungled," said Deuser, the former city attorney.
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Claim: Sarah Palin turns down federal money and is fiscally responsible
Truth: Under Palin, Alaska receives more federal dollars per resident than any other state
Truth: Alaska gives its residents $3,200 from oil revenues while still accepting federal funds
Truth: Palin even charges the state for meals she eats at her own house!

Alaska is the ultimate welfare state: it receives more federal tax dollars than any other state in the union. It gives its residents handouts, thanks to a windfall profits tax on oil (a tax supported by Obama and opposed by McCain!). Sarah Palin has been at the forefront of making all of this happen.
Back to reality. Of the 50 states, Alaska ranks No. 1 in taxes per resident and No. 1 in spending per resident. Its tax burden per resident is 2-1/2 times the national average; its spending, more than double. The trick is that Alaska's government spends money on its own citizens and taxes the rest of us to pay for it. Although Palin, like McCain, talks about liberating ourselves from dependence on foreign oil, there is no evidence that being dependent on Alaskan oil would be any more pleasant to the pocketbook.
Alaska is, in essence, an adjunct member of OPEC. It has four different taxes on oil, which produce more than 89% of the state's unrestricted revenue. On average, three-quarters of the value of a barrel of oil is taken by the state government before that oil is permitted to leave the state. Alaska residents each get a yearly check for about $2,000 from oil revenues, plus an additional $1,200 pushed through by Palin last year to take advantage of rising oil prices. Any sympathy the governor of Alaska expresses for folks in the lower 48 who are suffering from high gas prices or can't afford to heat their homes is strictly crocodile tears.
[...]
Under the state constitution, the governor of Alaska has unusually strong powers to shape the state budget. At the Republican National Convention, Palin bragged that she had vetoed "nearly $500 million" in state spending during her two years as governor. This amounts to less than 2% of the proposed budget. That's how much this warrior for you (the people) against it (the government) could find in wasteful spending under her control.

Time Magazine: Sarah Palin's Alaskanomics

Palin didn't actually fire the governor's personal chef. She just transferred her to another department in state government (where she is still a chef).
A story in the Anchorage Daily News on Friday about her sacking her chef, Stefani Marnon — who has told friends, the newspaper says, that she will remain employed by the state

Voice of the Times - "A Conservative Voice For Alaskans"
Remember the long-time executive chef who lost her job at the Mansion when Sarah decided to live mostly in Wasilla instead of Juneau? Stefani Marnon was first reassigned as a "constituent relations assistant" in the governor's office and later to the state museum.
[...] she's finally landed where they really appreciate a good chef: the Legislative Lounge.
Lawmakers were smacking their lips in anticipation, according to Sen. Kim Elton's newsletter.

Anchorage Daily News - Alaska Ear
She billed the state for a "per diem" travel allowance, for nights spent at her own home.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.
The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.
Palin, who earns $125,000 a year, claimed and received $16,951 as her allowance, which officials say was permitted because her official "duty station" is Juneau, according to an analysis of her travel documents by The Washington Post.

Washington Post - Palin Billed State for Nights Spent at HomeShe talks about being opposed to federal pork-barrel spending. But as mayor of Wasilla, she hired a lobbyist who raked in $27 million in federal dollars for the town of 6,700 residents. (That's $4029 of our taxes given to each Wasillan.)
A $1.9 million transportation hub and $15 million for a rail project in a town with 6,700 residents? How many small town mayors are getting funding from the feds for projects like that?

The Political Chase - Palin Hired Lobbyist to Get Millions in Earmarks
When she was first elected mayor of Wasilla, the town was debt-free. When she left, the town had $20 million in debt.
Palin, who portrays herself as a fiscal conservative, racked up nearly $20 million in long-term debt as mayor of the tiny town of Wasilla — that amounts to $3,000 per resident. She argues that the debt was needed to fund improvements.
KevinNSaisi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 pm

...and, now you know why I couldn't vote for John McCain.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Wow Kevin have you been reading AndrewHalcro.com LOL! Just a side note and not trying to help Palin any but you should know the figure of $3200 is a bit of a mistruth. The actual amount Sarah passed was $1200 for each citizen for this year only. The other $2000 came from the PFD check, something Palin did not have anything to do with. See Alaskans get A PFD check every year for oil revune. Something that was started after the pipeline was built. The reason for giving the citizens a percentage of the earnings is because the state fathers, back when the state constitution was enacted, passed a law that every citizen owned a stake in the natural resources of the state. Every citizen would be considered a stake holder in any profits/investments from those natural resources i.e oil. Not only that but a percentage of that money from our oil is used to fund other projects in the lower 48. The state of Alaska actually owns many businesses in the lower 48 that provides jobs to citizens. Yes we earn money from those investments but at the same time others in the country profit from it. I'm also a little confused about the statement about Alaska being #1 in taxes (I could be completly misunderstanding this), Alaskans don't pay taxes unless they live within a city that imposes taxes on things like property and sale items. Those taxes are created by municipalities not the state.
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Also to Steve.... When Palin was elected Governor she told all of us here in Alaska to question her, to hold her accountable. Here's a dirty little secret you should know about me. I have a higher stake in what she does in office right now. See I used to be an city employee under Palin. My husband is a State Trooper and I work as a dispatcher with the State Troopers. The fact that she claimed to be for public saftey during her run for governor and then severly cut the budget once she was elected, all for a personal vendetta is wrong. My husband and friends work nights were their backup can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 days away. Thats right 2 days away. Not only that but it also depends on if they are in an area where they can even call for backup. Yes I have a problem with this, and as a citizen I have a right to voice my opinion about it.
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top