What happened at the MVHS School on Friday

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What happened at the MVHS School on Friday

Post by Timeout on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Students are not always brought to the gym...it's not necessarily predictable in that way.

Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 am

Does Mountain Valley also have a school resource officer (I'm guessing no) and possibly a school hotline (anonymous) to report anything (i.e rumors, fights, bomb threats, etc) We have both in the schools up here and they seem to work well. Just an idea.

911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ValleyGirl on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Students were contained in the classrooms until the auditorium area (and the route leading to it) was checked and deemed safe. At that point, students were moved there while the rest of the building was checked. The entire incident was handled calmly and efficiently and with utmost regard to student safety. The students were orderly, compliant, and sufficiently disgusted with whoever was responsible for the disruption.

I've been affiliated with several school districts over the past 15+ years, and although protocols vary, the universal guiding principle is preservation of safety first and utmost, followed by minimal disruption. (Disruption is the goal of both the prankster and the true bomber/gunman.)

ValleyGirl

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top