Med-Care Board Criticized

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Med-Care Board Criticized

Post by C on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I was thinking it was Mark B. given the similarity to the RFT article.
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Well, I might think Mark Belanger but I think "by glory" is an older person phrase? Now if he had said "by the people, for the people", that would have been Frank. Any reference to "It is what it is" or "I'm down with that" would be Adley. Any sentence that starts with "You know, you people don't know everything...", now that would be Arthur. Cameron doesn't talk much so I don't have any i.d. on him yet...lol... The letter was long-winded so it could be either Len or Frank. I'll let the reader decide.
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:46 pm

the kindness and generosity

an organization is offered many options

I find humor in these remarks. Generously offered the option of moving from one run-down building to another run-down building.

Putting Med-Care in an old building that probably won't meet the needs of the service after five years doesn't make much sense. Building a new building with a vision of thirty or forty years does. Along with housing Med-Care, what I got out of the information that was put out there, was a meeting and training room for all of The River Valley.

Another issue that I think should be addressed is that at one ot the Rumford town meetings, someone asked how much was the new Med-Care building going to impact his taxes. The selectmen did a fine job of dodging that one. They said that they could not know because the budget hasn't been finalized and approvee. Horsepuckey! The correct, and HONEST, answer would have been "The line item for Med-Care would increase $6.00 per year, per capita on a $100,000 house." That is 1.6 cents a day, or $180.00 over thirty years. That is how the selectmen pushed their agenda on everyone. By not being forthright. But, hey! They are the heroes who saved Rumford and The River Valley.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I find it completely ironic that here, on this site, we are debating who might have authored the anonymous letter on TRR. Certainly it couldn't be Frank who spoke out against anonymous postings. (Or could it?)

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 pm

gee, stupid me... I just assumed ALL letters were written by JSN.... duh....

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Oh course, it must of be R. Ortez.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:59 pm

I didn't think the Lazarou's building sounded like a bad idea. At least they could be in a larger building for now. I don't know how big it is, but it looks larger than where they are now and they could have all the vehicles under cover. I would think "something" is better than "nothing" and it could be done with the understanding that the new building concept will still be contemplated when the economy stabilizes.
C
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by p on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:20 pm

That area is not good because it's sitting in a flood zone.

p

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Lol, how could I have forgotten seeing the Lazarou's car port completely under water!! duh
C
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:33 pm

p wrote:That area is not good because it's sitting in a flood zone.
Apparently Mr. DiConzo is not aware of that.

T

Number of posts : 2403
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:50 am

T wrote:
p wrote:That area is not good because it's sitting in a flood zone.
Apparently Mr. DiConzo is not aware of that.
At least he is offering suggestions. I give credit to those who see a problem and suggest a solution, rather than just complain about it.
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:31 am

KevinNSaisi wrote:At least he is offering suggestions. I give credit to those who see a problem and suggest a solution, rather than just complain about it.

Did I say he wasn't? Did I say he didn't deserve credit?

Suggestions are good. He deserves credit.

Is that better? Very Happy

T

Number of posts : 2403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:57 pm

There are some obvious problems with Lazarous, besides the flooding issue. How is an ambulance going to fit under the care port? I'm sure someone will suggest raising the carport. How about walls, and a heatiing system to keep the trucks warm? i know I don't want to be put into a cold ambulance in January.All that will cost money, especially when there are life safety codes that need to be met. I am sure we ar ALL aware of those by now. That means more money. How much money will be spent on renovations to old buildings to save from building a new one? Only to have to spend more money on renovations on the same building or another old building and ten or fifteen years? As much as, or more than a new building that will work for thirty, forty, maybe more, years? Why is everyone so willing to SPEND money on an old building rather than INVEST money in a new building that will outlast the old buiding? This kind of thinking is very similar to the blue ox. Buying that blue ox is not investiing money, it is spending money. What will the purpose of the blue ox be? To attract people to the other side of the river where the businesses are? Ummmm....... what businesses? Don't spend money on a blue ox. Invest money in development. Likewise, don't spend money on an old building that will need more money spent on it. Invest in a new building that will last.

Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dr on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Ms. Norris wrote to me that MedCare "is fired". I asked if she could actually do that by herself, as she's an alternate and not even on the board. I think she replied that she didn't "like my tone......".

But, it seems she is on a serious mission to get rid of them altogether. Never mind granting them a new building.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm

I get the impression from her that she feels The River Valley does not need an ambulance service. She has made no mention of how things would work if Med-Care were gone.

Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:50 pm

I can't fathom how Ms. Norris dismisses MedCare. Everybody I know that works in this field I admire. They don't make huge bucks, yet work their ass off to keep people alive.

Given the average advanced age in the River Valley, you should have a top notch MedCare operation. Isn't their present location filled with mold? C'mon.

Look towards the future and build them proper facilities.

Ms. Norris says she wants to build the community, yet the only thing she actually ever does is cut budget amounts to destroy the community. Pathetic. She can't even understand the value of having a strong library in town.

She may have somehow got a Masters degree, but she failed Kindergarten.

Last edited by Dave on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:21 pm

let's all remember that we are dealing with someone who may themselves need the services of med care when she has that total breakdown.

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 pm

xmashen...................
no matter what she says about these people, they will respond and treat her with the utmost professionalism. she would be blessed to have such people treating her. She can rest assured that no matter what she says, does, or implies, these good people, who take care of people they don't even know, will give her the best treatment they possibly can.

It's sad that others cannot put their personal feelings aside for the good of others. Selflessness is lost on her, I believe.

Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Bias

Above is a link to a page discussing State law and ethics, the topic of bias is interesting. I would think Belanger and Norris would be too biased to be on the Med-Care board. Also I think they are incompatible with each other.
If it is found that the duties of one office holder serve the purpose of providing a check with regard to
the duties of the other, or that the one office could review, modify or supervise the work
of the other, then the two offices should not be simultaneously held by the same person.
Also, JSN and RT have been heard making biased statements toward the FD, should they be making budget suggestions for the FD? I think there are a lot of overlaps on our boards and committees that are promoting distrust in our town.
C
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:53 pm

as long as JSN continues to operate her insidious site, she has no business sitting on ANY town committee. It should be an embarrassment for the town gov. to allow such a publicly biased and vindictive person to sit on ANY board.

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Dear Commissioner Duguay,

First of all, please let me congratulate you on winning the re-election. I voted for you and I believe that an Independent will be much better prepared to handle the upcoming economic disaster we will be facing in the near future. Plus, we have enough Democrats in Rumford that have messed things up almost to the point of no return to include John “do nothing” Patrick. Sorry if he is one of your friends.

I am on the Rumford Finance Committee and I am also an alternate on the Med-Care Board. I want to know why an Ambulance Director was given an Incident Management Assistant Team Command Vehicle when the Rumford Fire Department already has one. In addition, under the National Incident Management System, typically a Fire Chief is the Incident Commander. I feel that this vehicle is redundant and a waste of tax dollars especially considering Mr. Milligan uses it to commute back and forth to his job at the Auburn Fire Department. It has also been rumored that he uses it for personal use all the time to include hauling his snowmobiles up to Rangeley. Is Med-Care paying for his gas, too? I feel that this warrants an investigation and I believe that since Rumford already has an IMAT vehicle that this vehicle could be better utilized by another town in Oxford County or by the Emergency Manager, Scott Parker.

Lastly, does Oxford County give Med-Care any money? We know they are handing out vehicles to Med-Care so the question is legitimate. And, if so, don’t you think that the appearance of a conflict of interest exists with your wife, Mrs. Patricia Duguay, sitting on the Med-Care Board? Please explain why you as our Commissioner feels that her role on the Board is ethical.

As our Commissioner, I would like for you to answer some of these questions for us because in these tough economic times, the Town of Rumford is looking at making some very tough decisions and I feel that we need to reduce the redundancies, the taxpayer money waste, and the fleecing of government monies.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Stowell Norris
C
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:05 pm

"In addition, under the National Incident Management System, typically a Fire Chief is the Incident Commander."

Wrong, wrong, wrong...........anyone can go online and take the FEMA ICP and NIMS course which was just recently updated. If you do not have the time to do the 9 hour course I can enlighten you because I just took it a month ago. No where does it state that the fire chief or any one agency will be the Incident Commander. It depends on the situation and what agencies are involved on who takes that role. Someone needs to go back to class.
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm

I believe that since Rumford already has an IMAT vehicle that this vehicle could be better utilized by another town in Oxford County

I can't believe she doesn't think River Valley should have this.
C
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:18 pm

First of all, the IMAT was received when Dean Milligan submitted a grant for it. Second, the RFD got their command vehicle afterwards. Third, her point is to really go after Patty Duguay. My guess is that she's not agreeing with JSN at the meetings. Whatever!
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by public slave on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:50 pm

I still continue to find it extremely hard to believe that people allow her to sit in positions of power representing the people. When she sits on the Med-Care Board when a Rumford Rep is missing she can vote and with that carries 1/3 of the population of Rumford. I don't want her representing me and I am sure that most other Rumford citizens don't want her representing them.

She writes these ridiculous letters full of assumptions with virtually no factual information whatsoever. She pretends to be a subject matter expert but truly is the jack-ass-of all trades. I hope the commissioner does not even give her the courtesy of a reply as her entire letter and request will be more of a waste of tax payer dollars to reply to than the alleged misappropriations that she speaks of.

public slave

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top