Anyone read Len Greaney’s LTE in the RFT’s?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone read Len Greaney’s LTE in the RFT’s?

Post by Timeout on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:22 pm

no, exactly the opposite
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:23 pm

i am sorry, but i have a hard time picturing JSN as Barney (well, maybe not THAT hard a time).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:41 pm

ok, i get it now. sorry to be so obtuse. you are right.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Okay, NOW you can sing the Barney song...lol
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:49 am

The Internet has critically impacted the nature of communication everywhere, not just in Rumford. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon!

• Internet increasingly reaches a larger population. Many marketing studies, for instance show this population to be typically younger, better educated and having more money. (that leaves me out...lol) This population has been traditionally difficult to reach. The ability for these people to do things in their “own space and time” tends to increase participation rates.

Internet brings together a diversity of people that may not have time to get together, nor the knowledge of a shared,common interest.

Participants who choose which items they wish to respond to also have the potential to skew responses to create an impression.

Missing elements of eye contact and body language, may greatly reduce communication effectiveness.

Still, many view anonymity as necessary to elicit an unguarded response. “People are much more honest in this medium.” - Paul Jacobson, Greenfield Online

In my opinion, it's not Len's job to dictate the level of tact in these open, frank, blunt, honest (whatever you want to call it) internet communications. In that regard alone, I respect his decision to temporarily wash his hands of it. RVFP does an excellent job in peer editing. The nature of this self-monitoring group grants all of us the power to not to be in a child/parent relationship with anyone. I don't think we need a daddy and Len probably doesn't want to be one.

My understanding of the RVFP is that it is meant to be a public discussion forum for anything members may want to talk about. Any communication or outcome of communication in this forum is a result of the shared energy between sender and receiver. If we want to say something rotten about someone, we might reasonably expect a reaction. What we do with that reaction is again our choice.

One thing people might consider is sending selectmen or tm information or ideas they come to after discussion in this forum. This could be sent via e-mail at least to Mr. DiConzo who has listed a new e-mail address on the town website and/or to Len as tm.

You could bring responses back here for discussion as well.
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigs on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:39 pm

I Love you, you love me, we are just a happy family!
Vigs

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum