MVMS Cheerleaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MVMS Cheerleaders

Post by Timeout on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I spent the day down in Scarborough with the MVMS Cheerleaders. I'm really proud of those girls for several reasons. Today they placed second in their division and won a nice trophy for the school. More importantly, they represented our area beautifully. The girls are extremely well-mannered, respectful competitors. They are tremendously enthusiastic and just plain look like they're out there having fun. The girls have a rugged practice schedule and it's paying off in a big way. I never thought of cheering as a "real" sport until I watched the amount of effort that goes into being successful...my daughter is just about 100% muscle these days. The coaches don't get paid for time spent on or in competition. They give it their all to perform for a nine-minute competition season total - three competitions at three minutes each. Next weekend the MVHS cheerleaders will be hosting a competition at the high school - hopefully you will get a chance to attend. Congratulations Hawks!!
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MVMS Cheerleaders

Post by C on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:24 pm

I think cheering competitions are great fun to watch. Just wait until you watch them at HS level! I'm so glad the girls earned some recognition for their hard work! GO HAWKS!!
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Just heard today that the competition at MVHS has been cancelled for this weekend. I'm sorry people in the community won't have a chance to see our girls but hopefully next year!
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum