Bethel Train wreck

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bethel Train wreck

Post by francis58 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:34 am

We have been hearing snapshots of that developing story coming out of Bethel. It seems as though there was more to the story than released by that Bumbling Police Chief Carr. Was it a Murder? or was it a Suicidide?Is an arrest imminent are we to avoid sking down the slopes of the Matterhorn?Were there too many Cooks in the Kitchen. Was the Crime scene contaminated/ these are many edgy questions

francis58

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bethel Train wreck

Post by C on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Didn't the news say the car looked like it had been rear-ended? Perhaps it was pushed there by another vehicle to cover up a crime?
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:20 pm

C, I believe that the damage was so minimal for being hit by a train that a comparison was made to being rear-ened, as opposed to the amount of damage one might expect from being hit by a train. That is how I understood it anyway.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Agostino Samson, 23, was arrested by Maine State Police on a murder charge at about 2 p.m. at his grandmother's home in Windham.

Samson is expected to appear before a judge Thursday morning in Oxford County Superior Court. He is accused of killing his former employer, landscaper Scott Libby of Raymond.

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/306260-3/OxfordHills/Arrest_in_Bethel_death/

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by francis58 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you C funny no hear from 9;11 Dispatcher

Last edited by C on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moved remainder of post to Accountability)

francis58

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Francis58,

You are going to find that I try to remain professional and polite when I post. I normally only post on things that one: I care about because my time is precious and well idle hands are for the devil and two: I don't like posting uneducated, non factual, unproductive discussions. If you want my opinion on something just ask or PM me. As far as TRR and its editor I only respond when I feel she is providing misinformation that needs to be corrected. I'm not going to get into a discussion about petty things about her because it does not serve a greater purpose. I do however find it interesting that you have taken interest in me, can I ask why that is?
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm just wondering how Francis knew the alleged murderer was a cook...
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Wow, Bethel is getting as bad as Lebanon, Maine for a remote town with a high murder rate.

Definitely should launch a pr campaign for Rumford, "the safe ski town". No murders here unless the police commit them.

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:No murders here unless the police commit them.

Phil, what's the deal?
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 pm

The only person who has been killed by force in Rumford recently died at the hands of the state tactical squad about a year ago. Just the facts.

Phil Blampied

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Phil that was way out of line.
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 pm

mur⋅der

Law. the
killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in
law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder
committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or
premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious
crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Phil, would add that to your Grow Rumford site? If not, then why put it here?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 pm

That incident was not a murder, it was trained officers eliminating a possible threat. If you take issue with that then you need to be put in charge of Maine's state law enforcement agency and change the SOPs (Standard Operating Policies).

Better yet Phil, ever thought of trying to be a police officer yourself? Ever been put in that split second, life ending, decision making process....I didn't think so.
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:43 pm

911Dispatcher wrote: Ever been put in that split second, life ending, decision making process....I didn't think so.

Come on 911, Phil knows extreme stress, he's on the Economic Development Committee...
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey Phil maybe you should check out these links

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4aycx_la-swat-standoff-5doa-272008_news

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_standoff_0227feb27,0,6400689.story?track=rss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLR1NLypgM

The last link is one that I recommend and this site

http://www.odmp.org/
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Something else Phil, and I'm sorry I try not to interject emotion, but I take huge offense to your remark. My husband is a state trooper and has been involved in stand off situations. If it comes down to someone trying to come at him with a weapon, I pray to god he is faster with his gun so he can come home to me and our daughter and I do not apologize for that. You sir are out of line!
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:12 pm

I agree that cops here are some of the bravest people (and the coolest) on the planet. They work for ridiculously low pay (considering what they deal with), risking their lives daily and get nothing but crap from people who smugly sit on the sidelines and criticize their every movement. While I am all for protecting civil rights of folks, even when they are total scum, I am tired of people trashing the ones who are out there, day and night, literally protecting their lives.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 am

I didn't intend to get in a discussion of police, just trying to point out the irony of the elegant town of Bethel having two recent dramatic incidents of murder while rough and ready Rumford seems safe by comparison. For accuracy, I mentioned the police killing.

I do believe police training has veered into problematic areas, and perhaps the killing here was an example of that. A less inflammatory example is the way many officers are trained to cuff everyone under all arrest circumstances, so you have the common situation of someone who owes overdue parking tickets being frog marched out of his house before his kids in handcuffs.

Protecting and serving the public means even protecting and serving those members of the public who might be the target of police action. That principle seems to have been buried under the idea that the police should act to maximize their own control and safety under all circumstances, no matter what the cost to the public.

But it was not my intention to open that particular discussion.

Phil Blampied

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:20 am

Phil Blampied wrote:Wow, Bethel is getting as bad as Lebanon, Maine for a remote town with a high murder rate.

Definitely should launch a pr campaign for Rumford, "the safe ski town". No murders here unless the police commit them.

It looks like "murders" to me.

Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:29 pm

RUMFORD — A Maine State Police trooper ended a seven-hour standoff
Saturday when he shot and killed a Rumford man who was out on bail for
the attempted murder of his former wife.
White stabbed his former wife, 47-year-old Tracey White, three times
with a six-inch steak knife, according to reports in the Sun Journal of
Lewiston. White told Rumford police officer Matthew Noyes that he
intended to kill his wife and then kill himself, according to an
affidavit filed by Noyes.
“He was tasered, and then he continued to approach officers when the
shooting occurred,” McCausland said. A Taser is a stun gun that
delivers an electric shock to incapacitate a suspect.

I think this situation is hardly comparable to traffic violations. I think the officer acted prudently.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:16 pm

To be fair, I don't think the issue at hand is Phil's point of view. I also don't think people should take it personally. It is fairly consistent with Phil's postings. Sometimes people overstate a point, and referencing the type of situation C posts above is bound to push a lot of buttons. It's a matter of personal style, and Phil corrected that by using the example of unpaid tickets.

Since he used the general term "police", some may have taken Phil to imply RPD. As we know, there have been a number of negative articles generated on another forum regarding the RPD and that could be adding to the degree of reaction to Phil's post.

As for not wanting to be "frog marched" (had to look that one up...lol), well, I'm sure there are ways to avoid that.
Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:41 pm

I agree with you in one instance Phil...there is a balance to everything. However when I read your post I can tell its coming from someone who has not tried to understand the task police officers are faced with. Do you know statistically most officers deaths occur on routine traffic stops or when dealing with mundane issues. Ever read articles on some of the most horrendous murders and hear neighbors describe the killer as 'friendly, nice, never would have guessed'. Here's a perfect example, my husbands approach to law enforcement is you get more with honey than tar. He pulled a guy over for suspicion of driving under the influence. He had asked the gentleman to step outside the vehicle to conduct field sobriety tests when the man asked if he could get his coat out of the vehicle because it was cold out. Being understanding of the situation my husband agreed to let him get his coat. Thankfully backup arrived and the officer that showed up requested that the gentleman wait and the officer would get the coat for him. That officer then found a desert eagle wrapped in the coat that was sitting on the back seat. Now there is no way to tell if that person was going back to the vehicle to get the gun or just the coat, but in this circumstance protocol was necessary. Also my husband learned a huge lesson. Even level headed people will do extraordinary things when they are desperate.

Also Phil you really need to do a ride along for a few nights to understand that in most circumstances the officers are protecting and serving people who are less than upstanding citizens. If you can only see how many times an officer tries to help someone who turns around and will call the officer a pig and other unsavory names. All because that person does not understand the laws and limitations of what an officer is allowed to do. He fails to see that the officer is trying to help to the best of his ability, and gets upset at the officer, instead of the limitations placed on the officer.
911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:the police should act to maximize their own control and safety under all circumstances

I really don't see a problem with the police maximizing their safety, or control of a situation. In fact, that seems to make alot of sense to me.

Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm

97-Year Old Lady Handcuffed, Jailed for Unpaid Traffic Ticket

April 29, 2004 - A 97-year old woman was arrested, handcuffed (behind the back) and taken to jail in the upscale Highland Park suburb of Dallas last week for having an outstanding warrant for failing to pay a traffic ticket. Harriette “Dolly” Kelton was featured on the Today Show this morning.

Police say they did nothing wrong – just followed “the book.” But one of her sons is questioning how the elderly woman was treated. On the Today Show she appeared attractive, mentally sharp and much younger than her age. Her son reported she lives alone, cooks her own meals, goes out to lunch regularly and is involved in the community.

Mrs. Kelton says she does not blame the police for arresting her but says they could have been more considerate. She is a former school teacher who has lived in Highland Park for dozens of years.

She was stopped for having an expired registration and inspection sticker and a police check of her driver’s license revealed the outstanding ticket. Police held her for two hours before her attorney appeared to have her released on her own recognizance.

Phil Blampied

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top