Bethel Train wreck

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bethel Train wreck

Post by Timeout on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:
By the way, I noted in an earlier post that some of you have complained to the Rumford police about JSN. I certainly don't agree with her (especially when she attacks me) but if you think you can get people arrested for exercising their first amendent rights, you are a perfect example of what I mean that those who don't think there is a problem are part of that problem.

And what exactly would you be talking about? Who has filed a complaint against her with the police and who is trying to have her arrested?

Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:Cop bashing.

If you criticize police practices, you are cop bashing.
No Phil, when you call the police murderers when they are forced to take the life of another, after doing everything in their power to protect the public without using deadly force, then you are cop bashing. That's despicable and my respect for you is rapidly waning. How about showing some respect for the person that risked their life to protect us and now has to carry the weight of that around with them for the rest of their life. I can only imagine that for you to say something like that is like putting a knife in an already open wound.

It's that sort of behavior that has caused some real problems in our town. You have become part of the problem, with your unjustified and cruel rhetoric.

Phil Blampied wrote:Should put cop bashers in jail or something. We must not allow criticism of the state or its agents.
You can criticize all you want. Is it to much to ask to be fair about it, instead of just plain cruel? Also, don't try to paint everyone under a broad brush. After all, most Economic Developers are likely decent people, not criminals.

Phil Blampied wrote:By the way, I noted in an earlier post that some of you have complained to the Rumford police about JSN. I certainly don't agree with her (especially when she attacks me) but if you think you can get people arrested for exercising their first amendent rights, you are a perfect example of what I mean that those who don't think there is a problem are part of that problem.
I have no idea what you are talking about and honestly, this doesn't even make sense. If anyone complained to RPD, it would have to be because a law was violated.

You aren't making much sense these days Phil. Fill us in would you?

Chuck

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Chuck, we're even. I have no respect for those, like you, who lack the courage to put their own names to their opinions, especially when they attack people personally.

Regarding JSN and the police, I have tried to search this site to find the comment in which a poster stated that they had gone to the police about her and found that several others from this blog had already registered complaints, but I can't find it. It was there, believe me. Perhaps someone else, in fairness, will dig it up, or perhaps it was removed.

I am avoiding a detailed discussion of what happened the day that the police killed the man in Rumford. I don't have as much information as I would need to be comfortable to state in detail what did and what did not happen, but I believe it was a tragedy, a failure of policing, and not something to shrug off as just the police doing their job. It is my impression that the Rumford PD was not to blame, but rather the state tactical officers who were brought in.

Posters like Chuck keep bringing it up because they can't find any logical way to counter my contention that that there's a problem, nationally, with police training. Screaming is easier than thinking.

My experience with the Rumford PD has been excellent and I appreciate their work. Those who think any criticism of any police action anywhere is an insult to the Rumford PD are the ones who are lumping all police together.

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:
By the way, I noted in an earlier post that some of you have complained to the Rumford police about JSN. I certainly don't agree with her (especially when she attacks me) but if you think you can get people arrested for exercising their first amendent rights, you are a perfect example of what I mean that those who don't think there is a problem are part of that problem.

I'm not sure what you are talking about either... who filed complaints? Are you talking about the below quote that was in another thread?
Fred called me today and said that he turned me in to the Rumford
Police Department. He also told me that they already had a stack of
things on me. And, that he was going to follow up on their suggestion
which I should be hearing about this next week. Merry Christmas xxxx! I
told him he better never call my house again or else he would be
getting some harassment charges. He told me to have a lousy day. I'm so
scared!!! NOT!!!
That was quoted from Jennifer's forum.

C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Okay, now I remember that...

Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 pm

I don't recall hearing that others from this forum filed complaints. I only heard about this one through her website. This person was making accusations and harassing him via email.

C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Didn't the post from Fred say that the conversation wasn't even what was said or something like that?

Anyway, how do you jump to, "...I have tried to search this site to find the comment in which a poster stated that they had gone to the police about her and found that several others from this blog had already registered complaints, but I can't find it. It was there, believe me."??

Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Okay, it's under "In her own words" in the Accountability section. I don't see anything else? Maybe that's not what you are talking about Phil?

Timeout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:I don't have as much information as I would need to be comfortable to state in detail what did and what did not happen, ...
You already did state what you thought happened Phil, when you stated that the man was murdered by the police. I guess that sort of comment is bound to stir people up.

If you want to start a thread discussing the need to look at police training and make some changes, by all means go ahead. In this instance, I think part of the problem is that it appears to you are using this tact to try to justify you original comment.

Sometimes people post without fully thinking things through and honestly, we all have bad days sometimes. I've made mistakes on here before and like in every other aspect of my life, when I make a mistake, I try my best to correct it and learn from it. It's the best any of us can do.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:Chuck, we're even. I have no respect for those, like you, who lack the courage to put their own names to their opinions, especially when they attack people personally.
Oh come on now Phil. It's not like I called you a murderer!

Chuck

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:51 pm

courage has nothing to do with it, Phil. stop feeling superior just because you have a business to promote.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 pm

not that there's anything wrong with that...

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:53 pm

"a) training which emphasizes immediate domination of the situation;
b) training which excludes certain common sense decisions;
c) training which minimizes the need for officers to respect civil liberties except as required to win a court case."

Phil quick question.....what of any knowledge do you have of police training and SOP's? Ever been through an academy? Ever reviewed an SOP, or are we just going off from what you find online and in the media?

911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 pm

your new avatar is so pretty. it that Russia???

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Also Phil you can't teach common sense....thats a hiring evaluation process. Where is there an SOP or training manual that teaches an officer to violate someones civil liberty? Again Phil try to find out, it would be to your benefit.

911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:01 pm

LOL no Xmashen, its a place called Kachemak Selo, a Russian Village (seriously)

911Dispatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:42 am

After all the discussion on this thread about police work, it seemed like a good place to put this article.

2 decades after cop killed, it still hurts

By Mark LaFlamme , Staff Writer
Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LEWISTON - Twenty years ago on the last day of March, State Police Detective Giles Landry sat in his cruiser speaking to a woman about claims of child abuse.

It was the kind of routine investigation millions of police officers around the globe engage in every day. But on that morning outside a mobile home on Roger Sumner Avenue in Leeds, routine turned deadly.

Landry, a 36-year-old from Lewiston, was shot and killed as he sat behind the wheel of his police cruiser. The woman he had been speaking with was gunned down in the passenger seat.

Moments later, the gunman turned the .44 caliber rifle on himself. Three people were dead in the span of seconds after what had been just another call in a busy day of a cop's life.

For police everywhere, outcomes like this one serve as a horrific reminder: Any situation, big or small, has the potential to turn bad in an instant.
http://www.sunjournal.com/story/310323-3/LewistonAuburn/2_decades_after_cop_killed_it_still_hurts/

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top