New Category

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Category

Post by C on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi everyone-

Please note that I started a new category titled "National Politics".

Hopefully I will have time soon to contribute something to the forum other than just "house"keeping!

I hope all is well with everyone!

Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Category

Post by xmashen on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:41 pm

C, honestly, it feels like another "hand slap" . This forum was pretty much DEAD until T started posting " quote of the day" , which was probably in response to the scary freaky stuff eminating from TRR. Maybe I am wrong (I usually am). If anyone else were posting, and you needed to separate threads, that's one thing. But that hasn't been the case for a while. And, yes, it would be NICE to see you posting again under whatever thread.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 pm

C, honestly, it feels like another "hand slap" . This forum was pretty much DEAD until T started posting " quote of the day" , which was probably in response to the scary freaky stuff eminating from TRR. Maybe I am wrong (I usually am). If anyone else were posting, and you needed to separate threads, that's one thing. But that hasn't been the case for a while. And, yes, it would be NICE to see you posting again under whatever thread.

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:14 pm

It seems to me that a few other posts belong under the "National Politics" thread as well. Otherwise, this should be called the "T" category.

T

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Lol, I almost named it that...

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 pm

xmashen wrote:C, honestly, it feels like another "hand slap" . This forum was pretty much DEAD until T started posting " quote of the day" , which was probably in response to the scary freaky stuff eminating from TRR. Maybe I am wrong (I usually am). If anyone else were posting, and you needed to separate threads, that's one thing. But that hasn't been the case for a while. And, yes, it would be NICE to see you posting again under whatever thread.

Xmashen- I took it as a need for another category, I initially started to move them to the lounge but thought if I had to move them all they'd may as well have their own category. Whether in response to TRR or not, I have no desire for this forum to follow in her footsteps. I don't care what Rush Limbaugh says, if others do care, they can check the National Politics forum.

T- maybe other posts do belong there. If you want to flag them I'll consider moving them. The ones in question were a bit more obvious having nothing to do with the River Valley and accounting for nearly all the posts (39 so far) in a two week span.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 pm

I personally like T's posts and think it's a nice counter to the right wing conservatists we read elsewhere...

Some people are only interested in local politics though so I think C's solution is a great one.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:12 pm

I also truly appreciated T's posts, and while they may not have been River-Valley specific, they served to counter (at least for those of us with a brain) the daily clap-trap coming out of TRR. TRR seems to assume that the area is made up of knee-jerk conservatives, and while I am sure there are some, I think the majority is forward thinking and not as naive as the foxsters. (I will admit to watching Fox news and listening to "conservative" talk radio, although I think those guys give true conservatives a bad name).

It's fine for site adminstrators to create separate threads. It's their right, and also their responsibility at times to do so. What may be not so fine is to make posters feel they have stepped on toes, or hijacked something (when there was nothing left to hijack).

Any long term follower of this forum knows that T's posts have always been smart (ok, WICKED SMART), cogent and right on. While I personally respect the hell out of C, I think it could have been handled in a way that didn't make anyone feel like they were out of line.

I felt like it was "Mommy goes away, comes back and throws a fit because the kids had a party". Well, one kid TRIED to keep things going.

I have a lot of very fond feelings for many of the members of this forum, including C and Admin , but now i am going up to my room and shutting the door!

xmashen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:27 pm

It was not intended as a hand slap, I apologize if I didn't perhaps take the time I should have to fully explain my reasoning. Also by being a bit slack in my forum "house keeping", I didn't address it in the first few posts which made it seem a bigger issue. Being pressed for time, as I have been lately, I found it time consuming to navigate the national politics posts to see if there were any local issues to catch up on. I realized that by sharing a single forum, it would be very easy for the River Valley issues to get lost amidst what is going on nationwide. The simplest (and quickest) solution I saw at that time was to dedicate a sub-forum to non-local politics. I feel it makes it easier for visitors to find the subjects here that interest them. And yes, I'm one of those people who have even my computer program icons sorted into one of many color coded desktop folders. dunno

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top