School Crossing Guards Cut

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: School Crossing Guards Cut

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Let's try to not let things get personal here. We all have something to say and are entitled to our opinions.

Before this thread goes any further, it might be helpful to look at how other blogs handle the confidentiality issue. I'd like to avoid a problem before we have one.

This is the policy from another popular blog site, As Maine Goes:

AMG's Anonymity Policy

Anonymity is protected on As Maine Goes. Any AMGer who gives a public positive identification of any other AMGer without that AMGer's knowledge and consent will be banned from AMG for life. No parole. No appeals.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 pm

You don't have to ban me, I will leave. I am tired of dealing with the faceless people who argue points with half of the facts. If they were interested in the town they would attend the meetings, or at least watch them on TV. It is obvious that these faceless (spineless) posters want nothing more than to stir up trouble and cause problems for those they don't support. They may not be perfect, but the current board is doing much better than previous boards at following the rules. There will always be a power struggle in small town government, but as long as people are allowed to attack from the shadows, it will be much more mean spirited and venomous than it would be if everyone were responsible for what they say. I have stopped commenting on the SJ blogs and now I will stop posting here. I would like to thank the one anonymous poster who spoke with me recently apologizing for comments he had made. I have much more respect for him for coming out of the shadows and handling the issue like a mature adult.

Now, If history is any indicator, there will be a string of messages wishing me good riddence and saying how stupid I my posts have been. There will also likely be posts stating that I won't stop posting, but merely stop signing my name. The immaturity here is astounding.
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:26 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:You don't have to ban me, I will leave. I am tired of dealing with the faceless people who argue points with half of the facts. If they were interested in the town they would attend the meetings, or at least watch them on TV. It is obvious that these faceless (spineless) posters want nothing more than to stir up trouble and cause problems for those they don't support. They may not be perfect, but the current board is doing much better than previous boards at following the rules. There will always be a power struggle in small town government, but as long as people are allowed to attack from the shadows, it will be much more mean spirited and venomous than it would be if everyone were responsible for what they say. I have stopped commenting on the SJ blogs and now I will stop posting here. I would like to thank the one anonymous poster who spoke with me recently apologizing for comments he had made. I have much more respect for him for coming out of the shadows and handling the issue like a mature adult.

Now, If history is any indicator, there will be a string of messages wishing me good riddence and saying how stupid I my posts have been. There will also likely be posts stating that I won't stop posting, but merely stop signing my name. The immaturity here is astounding.

Sounds like a lot of projection.............

You seem to know who all the posters are anyway. Names are not needed.

Immaturity?????? Who is taking their ball and going home pouting?

You do have a lot to offer, but perhaps there is a valid reason why others seem to criticize how you choose to say things.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Kevin,

I, for one, will miss your commentary. I may not have always agreed with your positions, but I found your postings to be intelligent, concise, stimulating and well-written. I hope that you will reconsider your decision and continue to provide input - whether it is confirming or opposing the viewpoints of others. Spirited debate keeps the mind sharp.
Steve

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I too find your postings well-written and benefit to this forum. With everyone in agreement it is hard to hear all sides and intelligently debate the issues. It seems that the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" fits well here. When things are going smoothly things are quiet here, when things happen that don't sit well with people, or are controversial, the subject gets brought up here. I suppose some would view that as negativity. Some people want confirmation of their view, others want to stir things up and hear opposing views, either way should work fine here until people start personally attacking others. (such as calling them immature etc.)
Each persons view is their own, by posting that opinion here they are offering that opinion up for criticism by no means should that mean they have offered their personal selves up for the same.
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Kevin,

If I made you think I was going to ban you then I apologize. My intent was to try to stop a problem from getting out of hand. Sometimes things donít come across in an email as you intend them to.

As Iím sure you know, the arena of public debate can be a bit bruising. I was hoping that I could steer things back on topic and away from the personal nature that the topic seemed have moved into. We all can get a bit cranked up sometimes. When Iím feeling a bit exasperated I tend to take a break from the topic for awhile. Usually itís not worth my blood pressure going up

I told you when you first posted here you were welcome and you still are. The decision to exercise that right is up to you. Someone once said on the RFP, letís be ďhard on issues and soft on peopleĒ and someone else said something to the effect of ďletís disagree without being disagreeable:. I think thatís good advice to remember here.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:On a side note, why do you try to twist everything I say? I believe your actions to be of a personal nature. However, as you don't have the backbone to identify yourself, I will assume that your first initial is R, as he his the only person I know of who has such contempt for me. Others may have differences of opinion, but they also have the maturity to keep political opinions from affecting the way they interact with the person. In my experience, he does not.
This is a very bizarre, paranoid response.

T

Number of posts : 2540

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 pm

One man's "twisting" is another man's "debating".

R...hmmmm, RT? The RT we all know and love? Please....

It amazes me how many times I have been incorrectly identified, called names, and threatened by people here and elsewhere. It happens when I challenge what people say. It actually worries me at times as I wouldn't want anything to ďhappenĒ to these innocent people that I have been incorrectly identified as being.

Mr. Saisi, Iíve never met you and Iím not sure Iíd recognize you if we met on the street. As Iíve stated before, I am not a resident of Rumford (was born and raised there and am presently 1500+ miles away and will be for the next eight months) so cannot participate in the affairs of Rumford as you can. The administrator of this site can verify for you that I have posted using two different IP addresses.

Stay or leave, it makes no difference to me.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:50 am

bug wrote:

Sounds like a lot of projection.............

You seem to know who all the posters are anyway. Names are not needed.

Immaturity?????? Who is taking their ball and going home pouting?

You do have a lot to offer, but perhaps there is a valid reason why others seem to criticize how you choose to say things.

As I predicted, there have been a number of immature comments about my impending departure. The statement "taking your ball and going home" referrs to a ball game where the ball is needed to keep the game going. My decision not to participate in this forum does not constituyte such an action. If I were the forum owner and I shut down the forum, that would qualify under the statement made. No, I don't know who the posters are. I know only one identity on this forum, and that is because he had the backbone to apologize to me in person.

I say things as I see them, you and T have made a game of picking apart what I say and trying to twist it into something else. I have no use for such nonsense and will no longer participate in it. I will respond to intelligent discussion. I am willing to discuss, but I will not argue.
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:54 am

KevinNSaisi wrote:T have made a game of picking apart what I say
...and I will continue to when you, or anyone else, make unsubstantiated allegations, albeit veiled at times, regarding RumfordĎs municipal employees. Chief Carter using the safety of children as a political pawn to protect his budget is an example.

Make such claims and expect to be challenged.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gadget6412 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Kevin,
I echo the comment to not stop posting. Also not being in the area, I am not privy to the happenings that go on in the towns and I welcome all comments biased or not to keep me informed of the River Valley. For someone 1500 miles away to be able to comment intelligently on anything in the towns is beyond me. As the saying goes, opinions are like buttholes, we all have one and some of them stink. I had hoped to meet last week when I was in town but did not plan well but maybe the next time if you are so inclined. Again, do not sink to the level of the naysayers.
gadget6412

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 pm

gadget6412 wrote:For someone 1500 miles away to be able to comment intelligently on anything in the towns is beyond me.
I'm not commenting on "anything in the towns". I commenting on what Mr. Saisi said, which is directly before me.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gadget6412 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 pm

As you posted - So, you're saying Chief Carter is a liar.

I would consider this to be an accusation or trying to put words into someone others mouth, not a comment. You seemed to carry a deep hatred towards what Kevin posts without attempting to debate an issue or to establish the context of what the issue is, just what someone posts.

To debate the issue would be to provide your side of the issue and work to a clear understanding of the differences. If you are attempting to find out information on the issue, why do you have to make it confrontational and/or personal.

While I do not know your history with Kevin nor do I want to, I would think that posting a question in a more professional manner would retrieve greater results and to get your point across that things are not always what one person percieves them to be.

I therefore take back my statement that you commented on what happens in the town. Isn't that better.

'Oh look, the sun is shining!
gadget6412

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top