Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:25 pm

marktripp wrote:Kevin,
"ecsessive overtime"
Mark, I don't make fun of your typos, though I could keep quite busy doing so. Please refrain from pointing out my typing errors. Thanks.
Kevin
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Timeout on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:25 pm

This gets funnier...Kevin, Mark Tripp wasn't making fun of your typing; he made the typo himself. Take the chip off your shoulder and look back at your own post. You spelled the word correctly...omg... you don't think this is childish?
avatar
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Timeout, now you are making an assumption that I have a chip on my shoulder just because I made a mistake. Why does everything have to be about individuals rather than concepts? I thought that Rumford's war was over, but comments like that just drag it on.
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by C on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 pm

You're doing it again, Kevin. Lighten up!

ps. did I hear an apology?
avatar
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24
Location : Rumford, ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 pm

C wrote:You're doing it again, Kevin. Lighten up!

ps. did I hear an apology?

Sorry Mark Embarassed
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 pm

It is difficult to keep track of which posts are good natured and those that are evil spirited. They both sound similar. Intent cannot be ascertained via in print.
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Mark_Henry on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Timeout wrote:I am wondering about your commitment to the area when your post passes on gossip that does little to contribute to the conversation. As you say, you are a citizen of Roxbury.

Yah, my commitment is in question. I mean, I only serve on the school board, planning board, Rumford EDC, Chamber Board, am under consideration for a position on the Growth Council and have formed a non-profit (funded out-of-pocket) to help low to median income people become economically self-sufficient. So yes, I can see how you might think that my commitment to the River Valley is in question.

Meanwhile, please feel free to continue sitting comfortably in your la-z-boy recliner, dressed in one of your mother's tattered house coats while casting doubt upon the hard work of others - all the while hiding behind an anonymous screen name. Where I come from we call people like you wanna-bes, never-beens, and trolls. Stick to what you know - video games and D&D.

Mark Henry

Mark_Henry

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Mark,
Take it easy on Timeout. Unlike some, she actually attends meetings and is involved in improving our community. She just tends to get judgemental from time to time.

Many people get wrapped up in the exclusionist attitude. It is this attitude that has prevented meaningful discussion on regional planning. I have made the same mistake in the past, but now realize that we may be separate towns, but one economic community. I applaud your involvement with the EDC. I was glad that the selectmen chose to leave it open to non-residents. I believe this will be the start of a paradigm change for the valley.
Kevin
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by C on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Timeout wrote: As you say, you are a citizen of Roxbury. I too have stood out in the hall and it is difficult to hear...and I am a Rumford citizen. I'm happy that the problem has been resolved.
I think the point here is a Roxbury citizen complaining that he has no seat because Rumford residents (on the clock is irrelevent) have taken the seats. And why would you as a Roxbury citizen care to place blame on the FD and PD for lack of seating or perpetuate the issue of the fire fighter's rights (or lack of).
I think you are likely a great addition to the EDC, it's nice to see some people with ambitious ideas and the ability to bring them to fruition.
BTW- what is D&D??
avatar
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24
Location : Rumford, ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by C on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:55 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:It is difficult to keep track of which posts are good natured and those that are evil spirited. They both sound similar. Intent cannot be ascertained via in print.

I hope you didn't find my post evil spirited. It was a bit admonishing but with good spirit.
avatar
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24
Location : Rumford, ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by marktripp on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm

I skipped right over this in the beginning. The few nights that seating was over capacity and people had to leave the room, it was not because of the firefighters. They where not included in the count. It is most likely irrelevant but just thought I would throw that out there.
avatar
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27
Location : Rumford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:51 am

We have three pages of posts on here and the only info that anyone seems to know about Len Greaney is what “C” posted. I don’t know where that information came from. Would you care to share C?

If Mr. Greaney is going to be in charge of this town for a year, I think our selectmen should be asking for a resume and references and doing some background checks. No offense against Mr. Greaney but that is just good business when you are hiring someone with the responsibility of a town manager.

There needs to be something to indicate that he has more qualifications for the job than being friends with some of the selectmen.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by C on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 am

source

input page 129 (in the go to page) or scroll to page 106


Last edited by C on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
avatar
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24
Location : Rumford, ME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Mark_Henry on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:53 am

C wrote:I think the point here is a Roxbury citizen complaining that he has no seat because Rumford residents (on the clock is irrelevent) have taken the seats. And why would you as a Roxbury citizen care to place blame on the FD and PD for lack of seating or perpetuate the issue of the fire fighter's rights (or lack of).
I think you are likely a great addition to the EDC, it's nice to see some people with ambitious ideas and the ability to bring them to fruition.
BTW- what is D&D??

C,

I had no problem standing in the hall to make room for residents. If I came off as complaining about that, I apologize as it was not my intent. What I was trying to convey was that many Rumford residents were standing there with me. It is they who complained, loudly, to each other as well as to Jim Doar (after the meeting) concerning on-duty fire and/or police dept personnel taking up seats in the hall.

Mark H

Mark_Henry

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by marktripp on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 am

Mr. Henry they were not standing in the hall because of the on-duty police/firemen. The fire and police where not included in the count.
avatar
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27
Location : Rumford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:09 am

marktripp wrote:Mr. Henry they were not standing in the hall because of the on-duty police/firemen. The fire and police where not included in the count.

So, you are saying that the actual occupancy of the room (including firefighters) was over the maximum allowed? It is pretty sad when the fire department is responsible for violating its own order. Why wouldn't firefighters be counted? Firefighters are people and the count includes all people.

Kevin
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by marktripp on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:37 am

They were not counted because they would be involved in the evacuation had there been one and they where enforcing the order be held. They were there for support if something would have gone wrong, kinda doing their job! The order was from the State Fire Marshall not the Rumford Fire Department.
avatar
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27
Location : Rumford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:58 am

Thank you Mark, for keeping us updated on these kinds of things. It's a big help to correct some of the rumors and misperceptions that go on in town.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

View user profile http://rivervalleyfreepress.easydiscussion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by T on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:05 am

It's pretty sad when people criticize when they don't have all the information. Thank you Mr. Tripp.

T

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:24 pm

marktripp wrote:They were not counted because they would be involved in the evacuation had there been one and they where enforcing the order be held. They were there for support if something would have gone wrong, kinda doing their job! The order was from the State Fire Marshall not the Rumford Fire Department.

That's Strange, the information provided when the order was made public was that John Wolfe determined the capacity. Why does the story change when it is convenient? Were we lied to ? I consider your "rationale" for fiefighters not being counted to be humerous. Since when do grown adults need to be assisted with evacuation? If there had been a call elsewhere, who would have told us what to do? If the Rumford people are so incompetent as to not know how to leave a building without assistance, then why are firefighters not present all of the time?

If you are in the room, you should be part of the count, and that includes firefighters. An occupancy order does not exclude people just because they are firefighters. As for enforcement, the chairman has the authority to uphold the order. If he needed help, he had the number for the police. Firefighters are not law enforcement officers. Even if there were an excessive amount of people, a firefighter can only identify and notify, not enforce. Any consequences would have come in the form of a citation against the town for violating the order, which world be enforced by the court system. You could not have done anything in the line of enforcement. Even if you ordered the building closed, you could not lay a hand on anyone who refused to leave without the direction of a law enforcement officer.
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by marktripp on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:58 pm

Well Kevin since you have the answer for everything then I guess you should be the spokes person for everyone cheers . The question was asked and I answered it, if you don’t like the answer then continue to make up your own since they sound better anyway! Nothing personal Very Happy ! The Fire Marshall’s office is the one that inspected that building and filed the report, as a matter in fact it was Mr. Bennett with the State Fire Marshall’s office that did the inspection.
avatar
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27
Location : Rumford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by KevinNSaisi on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 pm

It really isn't worth re-hashing old issues.
avatar
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaking In Through The Back Door

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum